Sunday 9 September 2012

A weekend without my mum; I lost my mummy!

Hey readers! I needed somewhere to rant, so here goes!
 
My mum is off to Hong Kong for work for almost a week, up until Friday. Coincidentally, I have my marketing assignment due this Friday too. I told my mum before she left that I would need her help with my work. She gladly agreed but I totally forgot that she's gonna be away this whole week!!! I'm gonna need to burn the midnight oil for 2 whole nights straight again =( I normally stay up really late, but just cause I do not wanna sleep. But when I do stay up late because of my work, I get really tired and sleepy the next day. And my back aches like mad the next whole day. I wish my mum was here to help me!!
 
Ok, onto some really fun things that happen to me. Last week or so, I saw that Maybelline needed some people to do phone surveys, and will be given a goodie upon completion. So I signed up! ( Duh, free stuff!) And they called me!! Woohoo... One free goodie bag coming soon!!! Also, sometime ago, I entered Elizabeauty's VanityTrove giveaway ( view here: Openbox: August VanityTrove + Giveaway ) And guess what? I'M THE WINNER!!! WOOHOO!!!! I have never really won anything in my whole life, except that one time during the lucky draw for prom. This is my first "grand prize" win!!! Oh yeah!!! :D Also, Makeup Blogette recently had a blogsale, and I manged to buy a palette for my bestie's birthday from her. I was told it was sent on the 2 of September, but I haven't even received it after 3 working days! So I emailed back to ask about the status of my delivery. She replied saying that it just got delivered yesterday :/ But guess what, she added in a free palette just because of late delivery! Although I do not know what is it yet, but still, score!!! =D Also, on Friday, I met my sister after school to go window shopping. It's kinda embarrassing but I forgot to use a belt when I went out of the house, so when I was walking around, I literally had to hold up my shorts the whole time I was walking around. So I dragged my sister to help me look for a belt. We searched F21, Cotton On, random clothing shops, nothing! Before we met my mum for dinner, we headed to New Look for 1 last look. And they were having their Buy 2 Get 1 Free for every single thing in the whole store!!! So we rushed in to look for a belt. And I found a really cute one, that's red leopard :) And of course I had to pick 2 more items to take advantage of the offer. I found some really cute ribbon hair pins but couldn't find a 3rd item. So my sister was like " Just pick something for our auntie since there are so many items that are her style!" So I bent down to search through the racks of funny looking headbands in hope of seeing a nicer one for my auntie, and there it was. A really long necklace with a skeleton hanging on it. I normally don't go for "morbid" looking things, but this one was different. The eye socket holes (or whatever you call it) were heart-shaped! And it had really cute nostrils!! Haha LoL. I was so happy!! I just grabbed it and headed straight to the cashier. Normally when I tell my mum about my purchases, especially with her $$$, she goes mad. But this time, she didn't even scold me! She was indifferent! ( Not about the skeleton though. She hated it lol) And that's good enough for me :D
 
What an eventful weekend for me! I wish the good luck had continued though :/ Oh well! Love it while you still have it! If you want me to haul my "lucky" weekend, please let me know! I'll be glad to!
Follow me on Twitter @RTlovesSelGomez for more daily ranting and on Instagram @tonycyndi29 for more photos!
 
Until next time! XOXO Rui Ting


No comments:

Post a Comment